Dewey 24 Hour Read-A-Thon master post.


This is my master sign-up post where I will update my progress as we go along. I can't remember how many times I have participated in the Dewey read-a-thon, but my guess is somewhere around 5-6 times. It has always been a blast, so I'm stoked about this new edition!

There is something really special about dedicating an entire day to reading. No matter how many hobbies I add to my daily life, reading has a special place. I don't always meet my monthly goals (most of the time I try to aim for 10 books each month, but I 'failed' hard this year) and there are weeks where I hardly touch a book, but it's always fantastic to return to my happy place. Just sitting on the couch, snuggled under the blanket, with a wonderful adventure in my hands.

My goal is to read at least 3 books, but most of all I just want to have fun. We have two friends coming over, my girl friend who loves to read too and her boyfriend who will game with my boyfriend. We also have a movie waiting for us (Pride and Prejudice & Zombies, I'm curious) and lots of snacks, so I'm ready.

I have a few possible books lined up:


The first two books I'm planning to finish though are my ebook from Elle Katherine White - Hearstone (34 pages in/352) and Leigh Bardugo - Wonder Woman (200 pages in/369).

Other places where you can find me updating my progress are:
Instagram: Mel_1704.
Twitter: @DailyProphecy
Goodreads: Mel - Daily Prophecy.

Let the read-a-thon begin! (In about 1.5 hours my time. We start at 14:00 EST here)

Reading tracker:
Total hours read: around 12.

Books read:
-Leigh Bardugo - Wonder Woman.
-Cat Winters - Odd & True.
-Jenni James - Jack and the Beanstalk.
-Jenni James - Snow White.

Pages read:
929.


Hour 0.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The Netherlands.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Cat Winters - Odd & True, because for the past two years I've always read a book written by her (and I have loved them)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

We have the new Peanut & Hazelnut M&M's.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I LOVE Disney. I am a bullet journalist. I hate lady bugs.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Last time, with my book club, we ended up watching movies instead of reading. This time I'm with someone else and we both want to try to read as much as possible.

10 books in 10 years.
2007 - J.K Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
2008 - Kristin Cashore - Graceling.
2009 - Juliet Marillier - Heart's Blood.
2010 - Jessica Day George - Princess of Glass.
2011 - Heather Dixon - Entwined.
2012 - Robin LaFevers - Grave Mercy.
2013 - Marissa Meyer - Scarlet.
2014 - Rosamund Hodge - Cruel Beauty.
2015 - Victoria Schwab - A Darker Shade of Magic.
2016 - Leigh Bardugo - Crooked Kingdom.
2017 - Meagan Spooner - Hunted.



4 comments

  1. Ohhh that's happening right now! Exciting! Do you end up staying up for the whole 24 hours? Because I could not! Hope you get through your books though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Mel :D I'm so glad you are having fun doing all of these read-a-tons :D I wish I could do these kind of things too, but my body isn't able to read that much in one go, haha. But glad you are reading a bunch sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you love participating in the marathon and did you read a lot of books? :)
    I might participate next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.