Mel in Movieland | Three new TV shows I am currently watching.

Mel in Movieland

I admit that I am a TV show addict. I have an entire spread dedicated to all the TV shows I am currently watching, so I can track all the episodes I have watched – and still need to watch. It has come to the point that I need to set a specific amount of TV shows I allow myself to watch or it will be too much. According to my spread sheet I am in the middle of watching 30 series and that is pretty much the number I want to stick with. Some of them are already finished (either cancelled or done) and some of them are ongoing (so I have no choice but to wait)

Today I want to spotlight some of the shows I recently added to my spread.

SENSE 8.
tenor
This TV show is really interesting and it is has one of the most unique concepts and cast I have come across so far. This story is about eight different characters who are suddenly connected to each other. Every one of them is in a different life situation and that makes them all fascinating. They are able to jump into someone else's life when the situation demands it, and this has saved some of their lives already, because someone is hunting them down. It sometimes makes them look crazy in real life, because they are talking into thin air.   
   
Capheus Onyango, a matatu rider from Nairobi. 
Sun Bak, daughter of a businessman and a rising star in the underground kickboxing, from Seoel. 
Nomi Marks, a transgender blogger and hacker from San Francisco. 
Kala Dandekar, an university graduate working as pharmacist from Bombay. 
Riley Blue, a dj from Iceland who lives in London. 
Wolfgang Bogdanow, a locksmith and criminal from Berlin. 
Lito Rodriguez, a homosexual actor from Mexico-City. 
Will Groski, a police officer from Chicago.


BLACK MIRROR.
tenor
This is such a confusing show, because I'm still not sure if I enjoy it, but at the same time I can't stop watching. Every episode is one story, so you can watch them in any order you want. Every setting is science-fiction based and focuses on an aspect of what could happen if the world completely embraces technology. It shows the fine line we could cross between humans and robots. It makes me question and think; it makes me freak out and horrified.

Think about the concept of having a chip installed in your head where you can store all your memories, so you can play them over and over again or even show them on a TV screen. Think about having a copy of your personality ruling your house-hold or being part of an experiment to make the most extreme frightening computer game that can read your biggest fears and use these against you. It's pretty messed up, but I recommend you check it out.

OUTLANDER.
giphy
Trigger warning: this show contains violence (like lashes) and rape, in a detailed way. I can handle many things, but or some reason I can never watch lashing scenes. There is something incredibly brutal about it.. and the rape episode made me feel quite horrible too, because it is so graphic. I knew it was coming (I have read the first three books a long time ago), but I wasn't prepared for it.

This show is about Claire from 1945 who is on a second honeymoon in the Scottish Highlands. When she touches a magical stone, she is transported back into 1743 where she meets Jamie Fraser. He is part of the McKenzie clan of Castle Leoch and he is a wanted man, searched for by Jonathan Randall. He happens to be one of the ancestors of her husband. I really enjoy the way the actors portray the characters (and who doesn't fall for Jamie's accent?) and the storyline. It is time to pick up the books again.

Have you seen any of these TV shows? What did you think?

7 comments

  1. I've heard some good things about Black mirror, and I see Netflix has it, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to give it a shot. And Sense8 too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of these shows, but I have heard good things about all three of them. I might give Black Mirror a go since it looks really interesting 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel you are so good on keeping on top of your shows, I can just about manage the five that I watch at the moment and I'm still behind! So many of my friends have recommended Sense8 and Outlander, but its just about getting the time to fit them in, they are definitely on my to watch next list though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at you go! You're on fire with the T.V. shows. I love Outlander and Sense8 quite a lot. Definitely in my top ten of television series. I watched a bit of Black Mirror but haven't gotten back around to it yet. I plan on it eventually but!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Sense8 but I was so bumped it got cancelled that I still haven't watch the second season yet!
    I recently read the first outlander book and am 150 pages into the second one. So it's time to start watching the show! I saw the first episode and I just love hearing Jaime talk<3 for some reason I can't watch lashings either, I remember watching Jesus Christ Superstar at school and I had to sit outside the classroom for that scene haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for watching so many shows :D You are awesome Mel. I do love a bunch of tvshows too. <3 But don't watch too many, as I don't have the time, lol. But I think my all time fave is Supernatural :D It's the best. And ohh, I'm really curious about Sense 8 :D Thank you for sharing about all of these Mel. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.