Monday, March 13, 2017 12:00

Once upon a time I fell out of blogging..

....And I still haven't found my way back. I keep struggling with writing posts, simply because I feel uninspired. I still enjoy writing and I want to be able to post more regularly, but every time I try to sit down I want to do something else. There is something holding me back and a while ago I figured out some of the things that bothered me, but I can't do anything about it. I need to find a way to deal with this problem and one of the things I need to do is take a step back for now.

I feel like my blog doesn't really matter anymore and I've been out of touch with bloggers I used to be close with. Every time I open Twitter, I wonder how much it matters whether I tweet or stay silent. Most of the times it feels like I can just disappear and no one will notice - and while I realize that blogging is something you should always do for YOU, it's demotivating to feel that way.

I think everyone has noticed that there are huge time periods between new posts and I hope you will stick around no matter what. My progress in returning back to the blogging world might be slow, but I'm definitely working on it. The Love-a-thon has helped me realize that I still enjoy visiting new blogs and that I want to keep up with reviewing books. Branching out to blogging about my bulletjournal has helped and perhaps I need to go and explore more other topics too, like bringing back Mel in Movieland.

It feels good to write this down. It's not an apology, because I've always felt those are unnecessarily, but this has been bugging me for some time. So. There. A post to admit the biggest, most terrible blogging slump I have experienced in my 5 years of blogging. I don't know how long it will take, but I will not quit. I'm just taking my time.


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

12 comments:

  1. Take all the time you need, blogging slumps happen to the best of us. I hope you get back into your blogging groove soon, though, no matter how long it takes, I'll still be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take all the time you need! Your blog was probably the first I followed and I will patiently be waiting till you're back better than ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be hard to keep in mind, but I swear your best blog followers won't just ditch you when you're in a blogging slump. I know they didn't in my case when I took a prolonged 5 month break from blogging last year. Take the time you need to get back into enjoying to blog! And when you come back, post what you want to post because no matter what it is, pretty sure you will always have an audience for it :) All the best to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like a lot of people that started blogging 5+ years ago are having to re-evalutate what they're doing now. Part of it is that a lot of people we used to talk to have moved on and part of it that SO MUCH HAS CHANGED SO FAST. I hope you get your blogging mojo back and find happiness in it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling! I go through months where I'm super inspired, then months where I have no interest.

    Just remember that it's YOUR blog, and we'll still be here if you take a little break or don't post as regularly :) And why not blog about non-bookish things if it helps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog was one of the first ones I sought out when I started thinking about coming back to blogging, so I hope you know that there are some of us who definitely do notice when you're silent :) Enjoy your break / transition back into blogging and take all the time you need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog, Mel, and will always be around to read a new post. I'm terrible at commenting, but I'm always lingering around reading, no matter how long there is between posts.

    I hope you can find your motivation and inspiration again soon. Wanting to write posts but having that writers block sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's your blog, sometimes I go weeks without anything or even longer if nothing is inspiring. You do you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sweetie, I hope you will feel like blogging again soon. <3 All the hugs. I think you are amazing Mel :) And I would miss you tons and tons. I adore you. <3 But yeah, I also get the feeling :( I tweet often in the day, yet I never ever get replies to anything.. sigh. It's a bit depressing :\ Just, yeah, know that I'm thinking of you, always. <3 Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly how you feel because I feel it too. I just feel this "meh" feeling whenever I think about blogging, and that's everything but inspiring me to write out blogposts. i keep thinking to myself "i really should get back into blogging" but I just never seem to get there. it also doesn't help that I usually blog about books and recently I have fallen into a huge reading slump as well...

    Hope you find your own way in all of this! You should indeed do it just for you, but it sometimes takes some time to re-find your frame of mind to be able to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you figure it out, one way or the other. There are so many bloggers who started before me and are no longer blogging. Makes me sad. And, I think you should know that you will be missed while you're in hiatus. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've been blogging for so long sometimes it's really hard to keep the motivation going, but just know that we appreciate your voice and your blog Mel! I know how you feel and you shouldn't force yourself when you just don't have the inspiration. We will definitely be here whenever you are ready though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0